At Greyhound Recycling we are passionate about recycling. By all working together we can divert as much waste from landfill as possible. By using all three bins, you can save the environment and reduce your waste charges.
Your recycling waste or green bin is for waste that you cannot put into your general waste(black bin) or organic (brown bin). Check out our list below for a full update on what goes into each bin.
- Flatten your cardboard boxes, tins, cans or plastics and fold any paper – it will take up less space in your bin.
- Think beyond the kitchen – shampoo/conditioner bottles, bubble bath, cleaning sprays, lotions all come in containers that can be recycled. Pop a small bin in your bathroom or bedroom to remind you to collect all of them.
- It really helps if you thoroughly rinse all items before placing them in your bin, as dirty or unsuitable items could contaminate the entire contents.
This will reduce waste to landfill, as well as the impact your waste has on the environment.
What Can’t go in your Green Bin:
- Medical waste
- Paint cans, motor oil, wax or petroleum
- Rocks, bricks, gravel and builders rubble
- Electrical goods – please recycle through WEEE
- Hazardous waste eg Needles, medicines or wound dressings
- All Plastic bags – black bags, bin liners, shopping bags, bread wrappers, crisp packets
- Coal bags, compost and fertiliser bags, pet-food bags or pouches
- Plastic film – cling film, wrappers, packaging, bubble wrap
- Tin-foil or tin trays – i.e. disposable barbecue trays, take-away food containers
- Vacuum cleaner bags and contents
- Rocks, bricks, gravel & timber
- Brown waste (kitchen or garden)
- Dryer sheets and lint
- Personal hygiene products
- Medical waste
- Paint, motor oil, wax or petroleum
- Cigarette butts
- Animal Waste