Are you interested in a career at Greyhound? We are highly successful in attracting and retaining the very best talent. Our method is simple; through a rigorous recruitment and performance management process we identify and develop business leaders with the drive and ambition to achieve our commercial targets.
At Greyhound, a culture exists where success is rewarded and career progression is fast tracked. We believe in making decisions based on merit not on the level of position held.
If you are interested in pursuing a career at Greyhound, read on or visit the careers section of our website.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be highly motivated, ambitious and have a proven track record of delivering results in a challenging environment.
• Implementing and updating the Health & Safety Plan for the Group to achieve and maintain the relevant Health & Safety management system standards.
• Maintaining a relevant, up to date and comprehensive safety statement for the Group.
• Maintaining a complete register of method statements and safety risk assessments relating to all aspects of jobs.
• Developing an in depth understanding of technical processes and methods used throughout company operations.
• Deliver Safety Training and ensure prompt and systematic training and induction of all staff.
• Maintaining accurate records of training and a training matrix data base.
• Development and implement a safety audit plan to attain the ISO18001 standard.
• Anticipating and reacting swiftly to business needs and key developments with appropriate viable Health & Safety solutions.
• Maintaining knowledge of the waste industry best practice and other standards in health and safety domains.
• Update and deliver safety tool box talks for all staff and maintain records of same.
• Manage accident / incident investigations and ensure all accidents/incidents are reported in an appropriate manner.
• Provide assistance to manage Environmental issues within the group and meet with regulatory authorities as required.
• Conduct Environmental testing and complete returns to ensure the Group complies with Environment regulations and Environmental permits.
The post holder will be expected to have:
o Implemented a comprehensive management system including SOP’s to enable Group Managers audit operations to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
o Set up a comprehensive auditing system to audit the adopted safety systems.
o Set up comprehensive training systems and maintain records.
o Develop and operate a safety system to the ISO 18001 standard.
o Delivered a functioning Health & Safety integrated Management System covering all aspects of the company’s operations from collection of waste right through to processing of collected material.
o Built up an in-depth understanding of EHS operational practices and implement systems for new processes in an accurate, timely and efficient way.
Skills & Experience
o A Degree in Health and Safety.
o Membership of ISOH or similar body.
o A Certificate in Environmental Science.
o 5 years’ experience in Industry in an Environmental, Health & Safety role with some experience gained within the Waste Industry desirable.
o Some knowledge of Waste Collection permits & Waste Facility permits.
o Skill set to develop and manage safety audits.
o Good computer skills.
o Full clean driving licence.
o Proven ability to influence and develop a Safety culture in a diverse organisation.
Greyhound Recycling is an Equal Opportunities Employer